Collaborative teamwork is the foundation of what makes the HAWL Healthcare brand so unique.
The evidence continues to mount that collaborative teamwork in the delivery of care plays a significant role in patient safety and providing high quality care.
As a HAWL nurse you are truly entrusted with care of the resident right from the start by assisting the GP to commit to, manager and administer HAWL’s Annual Residential Health Care Plan. Our specialised concept ensures you are the first person the patient encounters as you begin the collective approach of addressing the current health as well as the preventative care requirements of the residents.
How it works?
We recognise the importance of the role of the nurse in health care. Nurses are the key personnel qualified to assess, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate services associated with treatment, nurturing and care. They are best placed to collaborate with other health professionals and service providers in the coordination, management and delivery of care. There is no doubt that a nurse is crucial to health care service delivery and makes a positive difference to the lives of aged care residents which is why the HAWL structure separates from tradition by emphasising that the delivery of premium quality care is highly dependent on the contribution that the nurse has to offer and not reliant on the GP alone.The partnership between the GP and nurse is a critical component to the excellence in HAWL’s model of health care delivery.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work alongside the GP in a collaborative approach to delivering healthcare
- Carry out any preparatory requirements prior to the GP’s visit
- Harness your experience in care delivery to assist the GP with consultations as required
- Liaise with facilities on which patients need to be seen, what procedures will be need to be performed by GP
- Collate and prepare the resident reports and assessments
- Communicate referrals to other health professionals as required
- Manage and guide internal and external engagement between all concerned parties, particularly with the RACF staff to ensure smooth communication consistently
- A working week of no more than 38 hours
- Daily working hours generally between 8:30am and 4:30pm
- Flexible family friendly hours with no weekends
- Competitive remuneration package which includes annual and personal leave
- Various other generous employee entitlements which may include either the use of motor vehicle or a motor vehicle allowance depending on the number of days worked
Join us today
HAWL is currently experiencing a rapid national expansion and we are looking for registered and/or enrolled nurses who have a genuine passion for caring for the elderly. If you know you possess skills that will make a difference in the delivery of healthcare and if you are interested in becoming a valued member of the extended RACF’s health team, please upload your CV for consideration or call us direct for a confidential discussion.